Getting Cash For Cars in New Jersey isn’t as easy as you may think assuming your car has value beyond a junk car. Cars in good running condition with minimal miles and clean a exterior may be appealing to private buyers if you know how to reach them. Vehicles with with higher miles and blemishes along with minor mechanical issues may not be something you want to sell on a private market. Buyers will call and complain about the cash they paid for the car and its issues, they may even take you to court.
A Better Way to get cash for your car
So you start searching the internet for a car cash company in NJ. There are many adds and articles explaining how and why each company is your best choice. So we get to the point of why I am writing this article and it is to inform you of what to look for when choosing a cash for cars buyer in NJ or wherever you are:
- Look for a local buyer that is located closest to you. This cuts out the middleman who will take a portion of your money for its google advertising costs and the closer the company is to you the less travel time there is for them cutting costs for the pick up of your vehicle at the end of the transaction.
- With this first step in mind you will be looking for a company that is NOT advertising in the pay per click listings (these are the first 3 ads at the top highlighted and the ads down the right side of the page. Advertisers are paying to be here and are mainly national companies that sell their leads to local buyers. This gets you less for your vehicle due to the high cost of advertising.
- Look for a company that advertises on a map listing. This almost guarantees the company is local due to the fact that there is an address needed to be located on the map listing.
- Another sign of a reputable company would be one that you can visit their location. This is another characteristic that at least they are somewhat established.
- Get an estimate by phone for your vehicles value. At this time be as honest as possible to get closest to an agreement before wasting each others time. Be sure to explain that you will not take any less than a specific number before meeting. This will ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Lastly depending on what you may be getting paid make sure it is certified funds or cash. Ask for cash for anything $5000 or less and certified over that amount.
- Make sure the company is licensed in the state of NJ to handle the transaction and resale of your vehicle. Sign the back of the title over to them make sure they do the same and be sure to get a receipt dated with the description of your vehicle and their company info.
- I personally recommend the getting cash for cars or cash for junk cars from Junk Car for Cash NJ LLC